Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Wanna Talk About Love

What is love, and is there enough of it going around today? So many times we tell the people that love us that we love them, but what's wrong with loving a stranger? And I not be surprised if some of us don't even tell the people that we love, we love them, either. Love is free and it takes little effort, but for some of us it is the hardest thing to do. I feel that if we had a little more love in our hearts, society would be a better place. With love, there is no room for judging amongst one another, backbiting, jealousy, or hurting. Even if one of those does occur, love allows us to forgive and even forget, if we wanted to. I wonder if I could ever love so selflessly, but then I realize that there is nothing to wonder about. I feel that we are created to love and to be loved-period. There are so many distractions like personal gain, which includes: success, status, and money. We forget the small things like giving selflessly, sharing, caring, and volunteering our time to those less fortunate. All of the things learned in elementary school are not taught anymore. I think they are things we need to know the most about, even at this stage in our lives.

Love to me, is not just something that we should say to our spouse or lover. To me, love is an action that includes being there for someone when they don't deserve it or may not even know what is best for themselves. Love is treating someone how we "should" be treated, I say "should" because some of us don't "want" to be treated with love. Some of us have a self-perceived image that we are not worthy of love, but those of us that feel that way need love, too. After all, we are created to love and to be loved-period.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. -Kent M. Keith

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I have tried to be a loving and caring individual all my life. Sometimes, you feel that you are giving love to people that do not want it or feel they don't deserve it. They respond with little or no response. I tell people all the time I love them and hope they feel they feel the same for me, but it's ok if they don't because what matters is what you feel personally. Love does hurt, unfortunately, and it is difficult to deal with. I am experiencing that right now with a very close friend of 20+ years. I hurt their feelings unintentionally. I think sometimes I am the most misunderstood person on the planet, but I just keep trying. That's all we can do. Love with all you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know, Quailla! Sometimes love makes us irrational and weird!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... i know but I think thats the kind of love that occurs when we don't know why we are loving someone or loving them for the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete